Thursday, October 13, 2005

My 4th car

Desert road
After using the Volvo for about three years I traded it for a 4x4 because I needed more oomph for towing the boat over the hills to the Bay of Islands! This 1999 model, 2.8 litre automatic Mitsubishi Challenger has a turbo diesel engine. It is easy to drive and performs really well. In NZ a kiwi changes 4 possessions every 3 years. He changes his job, car, house and partner. I am almost a kiwi now!
Are you curious what vehicle I am going to buy next? 
Tauranga harbour


Quite often I sailed at Tauranga harbour. Although the water is not very deep at low tide, it does not bother me because I can raise my centre board (keel) by turning a manual wheel. This is a feature common to all trailer yachts, otherwise the keel would make the boat too unstable for towing, sitting too high on the trailer.

No comments: